Properties and tips on use
Our products from heat‐resistant glass (up to 450°C) have no effect on cooking smells or tastes and are perfectly suited to use in baking ovens, microwaves, fridges, dish washers and on the hob. Thanks to the excellent thermal shock resistance (ΔT 120K) of DURAN® products you can use them for baking, freezing, storage or even for serving and as decorative tableware. Provided the recommendations for use are observed, your DURAN® product will provide you with years of satisfactory service.
For future use free from any inconvenience, please observe the following tips:
- Rinse the glass product before first use.
- Handle your Duran® product carefully. Glass is sensitive to impacts and liable to break!
- Do not allow liquid to boil away. Do not heat any oily liquids or solids.
- The size of any electric hob rings must be approximately the same as the bottom of the product.
- When using a gas hob, ensure that the gas flames do not spread high up the sides of your glassware. The use of a flame distributor is recommended.
- Never place the product on a hot plate.
- We recommend slow heating of liquids on a medium heat. Never place the product on a cold or wet surface immediately after heating (risk of thermal shock).
- When cleaning, please use standard detergents; do not use steel wool or abrasive cleaners.
- Only for microwave use, do not use under a grill, in a fan assisted oven or similar. When using combined microwave‐roasting ovens, do not place in the roasting oven.
- Please read the instructions of your microwave oven, electric or gas hob.
When used correctly, you will continue to enjoy the benefits of your DURAN® glass product over many years.
DURAN® – Porperties and tips on use